- Admitted to: Florida Bar, 1993; Tennessee Bar, 2007; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2000; U.S. Supreme Court, 2006; V.A. Accredited Claims Attorney; U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- Primary practice areas: Real Estate (commercial and residential title closings, transactions, litigation; title agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund); Estate Planning (wills, trusts, Probate, Elder Law issues); Business Entities; Medicaid Planning
- Speaker for The Financial Planning Association of Tampa Bay's Last Man Standing Seminar (2012). 2010 and 2011 Continuing Education credit presenter to the Florida Society of Accounts - Estate Planning 101: A Lifetime Process; A featured speaker for the 2007 Financial Professionals Expo, Tampa, Florida, and the 2000 Money Sense Live personal-finance seminar sponsored by the Tampa Tribune and the Financial Planning Association of Tampa Bay. Frequent seminar speaker on the topic of estate planning. Several appearances on local television shows, including FLA Law (cable), Eight on Your Side (NBC Ch. 8). 1995-1997 host of radio show “Ask an Attorney.”
- Membership and Activities: Florida Bar Association (Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section and Elder Law Section), American Bar Association; Clearwater Bar Association; The Florida Bar 6th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (2008-2011 term), Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc.; Bay Area Real Estate Council; The Financial Planning Association of Tampa Bay; Bayfront Hospital Council of Excellence; National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys; Pinellas County Guardianship Association; Suncoast Hospice Professional Advisors Committee; Metropolitan Ministries Planned Giving Advisory Committee (2013-present); Board of Directors of Friends of the Sunshine Senior Center Foundation (2011-2013).
- Education: Regent University School of Law (J.D. 1993), Virginia Beach, Virginia. Carson-Newman College (B.A. 1988), Jefferson City, Tennessee.
Attorney Kantner can:
- Create a comprehensive estate plan.
- Avoid the need for guardianship during incapacity.
- Avoid the need for probate administration after death.
- Plan for the uncertainties of changing estate and generation-skipping transfer tax law.
- Help you and your loved ones plan for long term nursing home care with Medicaid planning and Veteran's benefits.
- Assist you with buying and selling a home or business and other related matters.